Monday, February 13, 2012

Back in the Burque

After not visiting Albuquerque for almost 4 years, we've now been there twice in the past month. This time it was because Mark is taking a 2 week class for work there, and Logan & I flew down to visit for the weekend. I would like to note that I managed to fly with a baby without checking anything. My dad would be proud that I have inherited the master packer gene. (Of course Mark drove the carseat and pack and play down, and it was only a weekend trip... but still.)

We had a great time. We got to go for a hike in the foothills and see Will & Katie at our favorite Thai restaurant Friday. We spent Saturday at Enchanted Tower with Lee. Enchanted Tower holds a special place in our hearts because its where I learned to climb, and where Mark sent his first 5.13. I have many memories of belaying at the base of that tower in high winds, and projecting various routes back when I used to have projects. I haven't climbed much in the past year, but I actually got to do a bunch of routes on Saturday since Lee was there to help belay and watch Logan. It turns out a group of 3 adults is the secret to mommy climbing. Logan had a good time too, since he wasn't stuck in the pack and play. He ate a lot of dirt, sucked on rocks, and found a dog friend. He shared his lunch with him and then the dog followed us around the rest of the day.

We spent the rest of our time hanging out with Lee's family Lynda & Dylan; going to the climbing gym; and visiting the aquarium. We never go to museums, because I am a terrible sightseer and just not really interested in them. Logan may have inherited this trait. He couldn't have cared less about the fish, but he did love watching all the other kids. And he entertained himself for a while trying to climb up on the tanks.

Hiking in the foothills:



Logan & giant cholla:

At Enchanted Tower, eating rocks and showing off the special twig he found:

Logan having a conversation with the sting ray. Or is this a manta ray? I told you I'm not very good at museums.

No comments:

Post a Comment